While, as a coworking community,
we focus on growing small businesses and creating longevity for larger businesses, taking time out of your day to focus on yourself, instead of work, is also vitally important for an enriched life.
That’s why we have a nap room and meditation room on campus for our members.
Plus, mindfulness and wellness go a long way in terms of both physical and mental health, which is crucial for work productivity.
In fact, for C615’s weekly staff meetings, before discussing any agenda items, we take a full minute, a “mindful minute”, to be still, quiet, and clear our thoughts.
One of my favorite ways to practice mindfulness is through yoga. Just ask our neighbors at Hot Yoga East Nashville (Center 615 members receive one month of unlimited yoga for $35 their first month, or %15 off class packages)
Free Yoga/Meditation Classes, based in Nashville
So, in the spirit of wellness in the workplace, here is a list of FREE yoga classes in Nashville for every day of the week! Because who doesn’t love free stuff?
Nashville Public Library, Southeast Branch on Mondays from 6:30PM-7:30PM
https://library.nashville.org/locations/southeast-branch (click on “View Calendar,” or scroll down to “Attend an Event”)
- The Nashville Public Library hosts other free events, at the various branch locations. Check out their website for more community happenings.
Center 615 on select Wednesdays from 3-3:45PM
https://c615.co/center-615/ – starting May 11, 2022 through the Summer
- Attend a free community yoga class at Center 615 in our Courtyard or Main Street Gallery space! BYOM (bring your own mat) and enjoy a vinyassa style flow for all levels taught by Melissa Alessi.
- Please get in touch with us to see when our next class will be, or sign up for our monthly newsletter to see the schedule.
Hot Yoga of East Nashville on Wednesdays from 6-9PM
- To attend the classes, you must sign up in person at the Hot Yoga studio. Sign-ups at the yoga studio do have limited space, so show up early enough to reserve your spot.
(Also, for C615 members, Hot Yoga of East Nashville offers one month unlimited yoga for $35 (first timers only) or 15% off class packages for returning yogis.)
BalancED Yoga, Nashville Public Library, Richland Park Branch on Thursdays from 6:30PM-7:30PM
(currently online only)
https://library.nashville.org/locations/richland-park-branch (click on “View Calendar,” or scroll down to “Attend an Event”)
- These classes have less emphasis on working out, and more emphasis on mental health and a positive body image, the NPL Richland Park classes are perfect for a more meditative yoga flow.
Yoga + Brews, Jackalope Brewery – The Ranch, on Saturdays at 12pm
(currently on pause, but check back again later!)
- Relax with some yoga, and relax some more post-namaste with a brew. The Ranch is a dual taproom and event space located in We-Ho with a super vibey interior.
Poolside Yoga, Hotel Preston on Saturdays at 8am
(currently on pause, check back again later)
- Soak in the summer with poolside morning yoga classes at Hotel Preston. Classes are only during the summer season, so check back for new dates in late Spring!
Flamingo Power Flow, Flamingo Cocktail Club on Saturdays at 9AM
(currently on pause, but check out their Sunday 9:30AM class for $20 – it includes a mimosa)
- The Flamingo Power Flow classes are free, however they are also donations based. All donations go towards improving the We-Ho neighborhood; feel good about both your health and about giving back.
Small World Yoga Community Classes
- To fill in the missing day gaps, Small World Yoga offers Community Classes multiple days a week, at multiple times during the day. Classes range from early morning to mid-evening, and are on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Spots are limited, so visit their website to reserve your place!
. . .
With a class for every day of the week, now you have the perfect opportunity to try out yoga, if you never have before but have been thinking about it. Most classes can provide mats and accommodate beginner yogis. Go do it!